Relevant online resources – Fallacy and bias:
- Cochrane methods. Assessing Risk of Bias in Included Studies
- Common Fallacies in Quantitative Research Methodology. Oxford Handbooks Online. http://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10.1093/
- ADEA. Logical fallacies in Critical Thinking skills
Optional papers- references:
- Higgins JPT, Altman DG, Gøtzsche PC Jüni P, Moher D et al. The Cochrane Collaboration’s tool for assessing risk of bias in randomised trials. BMJ 2011;343:d5928B
- Faggion CM. Evaluating the Risk of Bias of a Study. J Evid Based Dent Pract. 2015 Dec;15(4):164-70. doi: 10.1016/j.jebdp.2015.09.002.
- Viswanathan M, Ansari MT, Berkman ND, Chang S, Hartling L et.al. Assessing the Risk of Bias of Individual Studies in Systematic Reviews of Health Care Interventions. Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality Methods Guide for Comparative Effectiveness Reviews. March 2012. AHRQ Publication No.12-EHC047-EF.
- Hollister C. Reading the Dental Literature: Just the Basics. Nashville Area Dental Support Center United South and Eastern Tribes, Inc. Page 10